Rialto Theater

Built as the Crawford Theatre in 1912 and renamed the Rialto in the early 1930s, Canton's Rialto Theatre underwent a wonderful rebirth in 1994-95. Fueled by major financial support, volunteers, staff, contractors and volunteer architect John Zulick of Towanda, the BCRAC reopened the Rialto in time for the main holiday movie, The Santa Clause, in December of 1994. In less than one year, the transformation occurred from building shell to operating movie house, surround-sound stereo, new platter movie projection, new seating, heating and air conditioning, the "Lou Smithgall Anderson Museum," and trained local staff.

Phone: 
(570) 673-4444
Address: 
The Rialto Theater
14 East Main Street
Canton, PA 17724